Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fun with gelato!


No I am not talking about Italian ice cream….lol!!

In the April Train Station Card Kit  for Paper Bakery you receive an aqua gelato by Faber-Castell. I haven’t really played with gelatos so I did some research……on Pinterest of course….and was inspired by a video made by Darlene DeVries.

Here is my card inspired by the video.
April-gelato-stencil-card-k
Let me take you through the steps to recreate it.

Aprilstep1
Spread gesso onto a piece of white cardstock.

Aprilstep2
Rub your gelato all over. I added a bit of gold gelato too. Then just blend it all in with your finger.

Aprilstep3
Place one of your favourite Paper Bakery stencils over top and rub off some of the gelato with a baby wipe. You can find all of the exclusive stencils right here.

Aprilstep4
I also flicked a bit of water onto the piece to add some extra white spots.

April-gelato-stencil-card-k
I finished up my card by adding some of the gold glitter stars and the thank you wood veneer that I embossed black.

I hope you have as much fun playing with the Gelato in the kit as I did!

        

3 comments:

  1. Fun technique and great tutorial Janet, love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tut, Janet. I've only ever admired gelatos from afar. You've done a great job with it... I feel I MUST get some! Thanks for sharing and have a fab week. (Following you :D)
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete